Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Have you ever heard of a Schlumbergera?

I was lucky enough to come by some clippings that were given to me by my mother-in-law. She has such a green  thumb and her plant was ginormous. I think they are listed as a cactus, but they are found in tropical environments. The conditions are similar to orchids. Certain varieties bloom at different times of the year. The one that was given to me is referred to as a Christmas Cactus. It takes temps to be low and so many hours of complete darkness to bloom. It's so beautiful and well worth the wait. I just went to ikea.com and saw that they had some in stock. Unfortunately not in my area yet, but I will be keeping a look out. Here is a photo of mine from the clippings and the second photo from the website.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...