Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Head Over Heels for a Pair of Docs


As a kid I dreamed of owning a pair of Dr.Martens. For the price, you know that there were only a hand full of girls that owned a pair. The ones that did were sooo cool and intimidating. They looked like they couldn't give a sh*t about anything. I so wanted to be one of them. The boots that I coveted were Ox Blood, the taller the better.





For some reason the newest versions are not the deep red that I loved from long ago.

I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to pull the trigger and buy myself a $100+ pair of shoes. I know that I should look at them as an investment, something to have forever. A few years back I did it, and bought a pair of black 1914 Triumph, with pink tartan lining. I love the idea that they are fashioned after a motorcycle boot and can be worn short with the lining being shown.



I can't tell you how ecstatic I felt that day receiving them in the post. They came with the standard black laces, and a black ribbon lace with pink tips. Since then I have worn them with jeans, leggings, skirts, dresses- everything!

The first couple of times I wore them, they weren't as comfortable as I thought they would be. Just like any boot, I needed a breaking in period. Now, they are amazingly dreamy and fit like a glove. I kid you not, they feel like they were made for me. How many times did it take to break in? I would say it by the 4th time I fell in love.

With any leather good, you have to take care of it if you want it to last a life time. Along with the boot I purchased the Dr.Martens Wonder Balm. That has been the best moisturizer, protectant I have ever used to date. I'm thinking of using it on all my leather, faux and real alike. 

This season Docs came out with different colors and finishes for the 1914 Triumph boot. There is not one that I don't like.




I'm not one for redundancy so I think I'll pass on purchasing the same boot, just in a different color. The boot that I am loving right this moment? The 1B99 Modern Classic in Peacock. I've been in admiration of this shade of blue for a few years now. Not many shoes come in this color and I totally regret not buying a pair of flats when I saw them. I'm certainly not going to let these babies pass me buy this time.


So it's official, I am addicted to Dr.Martens. Just like potato chips, I can't have just one. Adam called it, in saying that I would spend a chunk of my first paycheck on a pair of Docs. Sigh, at least I'll be able to wear them to work :)

6 comments:

  1. I've never owned Doc Martens because I don't think I could pull off the punk rock look but I love all the ones you've profiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tinfoils Tiaras- I truly am a punk rocker at heart. I love taking my Docs and putting a Victorian spin on them. Wearing them with longer skirts, or with chiffon blouses. They are the tough edge to sweet outfits. The bottom line would be just how comfortable they are. Thanks for commenting. Have a good day.
    xo- Albee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog it's so cute :)
    i hope you visit my site and follow me
    xoxo
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberto Fioravanti- Thanks for the sweet comment. I will diffidently check out your blog.

    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a fan of the classic docs, but these fold down styles are amazing!!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm kind of wishing i still had mine from way back when!! i got em when they only had the basics...black, brown, regular shoe, ankle boot. there are so many variations now!! i had brown ones, and they really were the most comfy thing!! love the first one you posted, although i could never pull em off!

    [oomph.]
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...