Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Facial Wipes for My Routine


I've been looking for some waterless makeup remover wipes. At the end of the day I don't want to spend tons of time in the bathroom taking off the war paint. I've also noticed that I'm getting bored with the routine, which we all know that feeling leads to bad habits i.e. not washing your face at all. Besides with the wipes I'm able to tote it out to the desert on the weekends with out worrying that the bottle will explode because of the pressure of elevation change. I go from around 70 ft. above sea level to 3500 ft.

We all know that practically every brand has come out with their own makeup remover wipes. Since I'm on a budget I had to go with drug store brands. My daily facial SPF is OLAY, my daily face scrub bounces from Neutrogena, St.Ives, to Target's Up and Up brand. I decided to work my way through those brands wipes first.
Since I'm at Target once a week anyway. I decided on using their Up and Up brand. I chose the one with exfoliating cucumber. On the package it says, " Compare to Ponds Exfoliating Clean Sweep". I haven't tried the Ponds version yet so I can't say or judge the comparison. I can tell you that one side of the wipe has nubs that exfoliate and the other is smooth to take off the makeup. The scent is more of a fresh green tea then cucumber. 

The wipe is easy to use. I still use my normal eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara and eyeliner prior to using the wipe. When I first apply it to my face I make sure I hit my T zone first, forehead, nose, and chin. I still produce the most oil there. After I'm done with the smooth side I just flip it over to the more textured sided and repeat the process of wiping my face. No rinsing necessary. There is no alcohol in the product so it doesn't dry out my skin. No oil in it either, I'm not left looking super greasy. It leaves my face clean feeling with no residue. 

I love the idea that I don't need water too use the wipes. I just lift the seal of the bag, pull one out, wipe, and toss. I haven't told you the best part yet. I've been using this product once a day, for a week. Since introducing this product to my routine I've noticed that my pores are smaller. The only other product that I use that does that is my Aeeno positively ageless night cream, that I haven't been using because I've run out.

I'm so thrilled to find that this works for me. I can't guarantee that you will have the same results, but for the price and for it being hypoallergenic I think it's worth the shot of trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...