Pages

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Loop of the Day: Joy Division

  1. Shadowplay
  2. Dead Souls
  3. Atmosphere
  4. Love Will Tear Us Apart
  5. Transmission
 I can't tell you where I was or what I was doing when I first heard Joy Division. To me, they always were. I was lucky to grow up in the 80's (pre-teen). I was gravitated to the other side of the spectrum, dark and brooding. Joy Division fit in that category for me. Through the years other bands have covered their songs and it just shows how heavily influence they have on today's artist. Being a little kid and not fully understanding the tragedy that befell the band, I didn't know what the world lost. On the other hand it must be wonderful to leave behind something lasting that connects with people for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...