Pages

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Movie of the Week: It's a Wonderful Life ft. Pink Floyd

I'm sure everyone has heard that you can play Dark side of the Moon along with The Wizard of Oz. If you are a fan of Floyd you've seen it or tried it yourself at one time or another. To this day I don't think I've watched Oz without Floyd playing. Well, through my BF understanding and logic he said if they did it once why wouldn't they have done it to every album? He did a bit of research and came up with a list of films and albums to try out together. Some are more believable than others.
My favorite so far is It's a Wonderful Life with Wish You Were Here. It's a Wonderful Life is a classic that get's T.V. time during the holidays. It's a beautiful film that shows everyone leaves impressions on other people's lives. No matter how small the act of grace the repercussions go on infinitely. When you have grown up with the film it just slowly turns into background noise as you're celebrating the holiday at home. You know what the plot is and pretty much recite the lines word for word. Watching the film with Wish You Were Here playing made me fall in love all over again with the film. It immerses you into the feelings of the main character and you take the journey with George Bailey. You experience the highs and lows and the eventual jubilation. I am a crier when it comes to films but I haven't done that with this film in ages. With the accompaniment of Floyd, the waterworks were flowing ( I wasn't the only one). So if you are a fan of the film or album I suggest trying it out for yourself.

It's a Wonderful Life



Wish You Were Here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...