Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FYI: Follow Up on Aztec Maxi

So I posted yesterday about this maxi dress seen here. I was so excited to open my package that came in the mail. The print is so amazing that the photo above doesn't do it justice. As listed on the site that it measures 55.5" from high point of shoulder to hem. Considering that is pretty much how tall I am I bought this knowing that I either had to wear high shoes or hem this. That really isn't that big of a deal for me, since I'm use to making adjustment to my clothes anyway.
Now that I have it in my hands and able to try it on I was a little disappointed. I should have remembered that in dresses I wear a size smaller than I would for t-shirts. I think that a smaller size would help a lot in solving the issues I have about it. The arm hole is quite large even if I wore the rope tighter to raise the dress on my body. I would have to wear a tank or a pretty bra underneath. The top of the dress has too much material for me that even wearing it like the model above with the excess bloused out took away the slimming silhouette that it should have. I thought that maybe I could just belt it but I think it would be just something I would fuss with all day. 

(sigh) I am going to have to return it at the store. I'm crossing my fingers that they have them there and I can try on a smaller size. Otherwise I might find something else there to trade for it. I'll let you know what happens.

xo-Albee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...