Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Outfit of the Day: #47 Nothing Clever


Here are my new shorts that I bought yesterday. I should have taken pictures at home so that they wouldn't have wrinkled on the drive. Today I'm wearing it with a black cotton tube top, print kimono cardigan and black wedge booties.

When I was younger and was a size 00/0, I wanted to be curvy. I had stayed that size from my freshman year in high school until I was in my mid-twenties. I guess you could call me a late bloomer. I wished that I was more curvy like Marilyn Monroe. I had envied all the girls I would see that had boobs, a tiny waist, and hips.

Today with this new curvier me I look back and think,"Be careful what you wish for, someone might be listening.". When I was younger I didn't have to worry about how things fit, I could just buy off the rack and never had to step into a dressing room. Now I have to worry about tops fitting right, adjusting my hoo hoos all the time, or holding them while I run hoping they don't fall out. My hips are wider, therefore I have to buy bigger bottoms or at least they need to have some stretch in it to fit right. Like today I wore the kimono because this outfit would have looked too risque for day time wear. The down fall of being short + curvy and wanting to be a little modest. Come to think of it I would not wear it without a cover up.

So the moral of the story- Sure I'm not the same girl I use to be, that's all apart of growing up and changing. There are always adjustments that need to be made in finding peace with what you have. Have I made peace? Today, yes for sure (:

10 comments:

  1. hear you on the wrinkles...my morning drive is 45mins-hour, so i'm usually wrinkled before i even get to the office. hmmm, can't say my body changed with growing up...but definitely changed with childbirth, haha! got them wider, child-bearing hips now.
    love the addition of the floppy hat...looking chic!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oomph- Oh thanks love. I remembered the floppy today (: wouldn't that be something to have a mini steamer that plugs in your car. It would get your item damp though. Someone should come up with something to take out wrinkles in the middle of your day. till then it's just what we have to live with. umm, since I don't have kids of my own yet, that would be another change my body will diffidently go through. I don't know how I feel about that yet, ha ha.
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I agree with you....
    I have a harder time with clothes now as i have gotten older than when i was in my early 20's


    I am finally starting to accept the curvier me..

    xoxo
    lupe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveoffashion22- Hi hun. I'm right there w/ you. Appreciating the body that I have now is a work in progress (:
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having babies improved my posture, weirdly enough. But I wish I would have gotten a little curvier on the bottom to balance out my upper half. Ha ha!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look very pretty. Love the floppy hat. I really want one.
    http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn of the The Suburb Experiment- Posture is something that I have to work on. I think I slouch to minimize my top half. Ah kids,I can see how that improved your posture. You have to align and brace your whole body for the extra weight. Ha, I guess we're back to talking about the grass being greener again (:
    w/luv-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxy Heart- Thanks sweet. My floppy was purchased at my local Target. I'm really on the look out now for one in a navy or cream one now.
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat! nice outfit hun :)

    rosevioletsem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose (: Thanks for visiting and the compliment.
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...