Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Psuedo Jewlery Stand


I have been holding on to this gilded frame for a few years now. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. The first thought was to turn it into a little vanity tray. I just couldn't commit to altering the back to do it. So it sat forlorn on my vanity just getting dusty. Then I decided to just put in a pretty printed paper and still use it as a vanity tray. I wasn't happy with that either. Then I saw this post where someone used a similar frame as an earring holder. They had put in cross stitch fabric and put batting on the underside. That idea sounded wonderful since I had all the supplies to make my own on hand. Of course knowing me I wanted to cross stitch some kind of design on it. I was going to do a lily, but I just fell in love all over again with this Emily Bronte poem (as seen here). What was suppose to be just a background design turned out to be the feature. The idea for an earring holder was a good one, but now that I'm finished I decided to use the frame as it was intended- to hold something precious. As you can see I use it to drape jewelry pieces I have yet to put away. It still functions as a jewelry stand too, hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...