Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

NOTD: I Want to Be a Misfit


If you were a little girl in the 80's you would have seen the girl cartoon "Jem".  The Misfits were her nemesis on stage and off. Reading the plot to the cartoon now seems so silly that I'm surprised that it ran for 3 years in full syndication. I loved everything about the show at the time, who didn't grow up wanting to be a rock star?

I was first inspired to take out my Konad set when I saw a blogger use hers for a Lisa Frank inspiration nails, seen here. Her nails turned out super cute, but since I had to trim mine I just went with one color. I came up with this and it totally reminded me of the days when I wanted to be a punk rocker. I had used two coats on Pink Promenade (seen here), Konad plate - m57, and the black mini polish from Konad.


"KONAD Stamping Nail Art is a new nail-imprinting kit that lets you put designs by stamping pre-designed images on your nails in minutes." -quote taken from site
 
 
 
Each plate comes with multiple designs priced at $6.50. They recommend using their polish to use because of the high pigmentation. I have tried using my regular polishes with the set and wasn't happy with the result it was just too light.  The mini polish bottles (5ml) come in 30 colors for $3.90 each and the large size (10ml) in 39 colors for $6.50 each. For the stamp and scraper start at $4.50. I had customized my set, it includes a stamp, scraper, one plate of my choosing and 2 mini polishes for $18.90.
 
I had bought my Konad set directly from their site and it took a week to get my product from over seas. You may now buy Konad through Amazon.com and I know that people have also used eBay. It's a fun and easy way to add designs to your nails


8 comments:

  1. great nails! they look fantastic!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment SickbyTrend.

    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome...I was commenting on another blogger's page about the nail stamping and look at you Miss. Creativity :-)

    They look so rad!

    I read the comment about the heels and i hope i dont have the same problem...I was inspired to buy them bc i fell in love with your Dani heels and these kinda resembled them,

    xoxo,
    Lupe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lupe of LoveofFashion22- Hey hun, I saw the same post and was inspired to use my Konad set. It turned out better than I expected.

    Those heels are so cute and I have been seeing them in a nude glitter too. When they work out for you I'm going to be so envious :P

    <3 Albee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andee Layne- Thanks doll :)

    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...