Pages

Friday, May 06, 2011

Pick of the Day: A'GACI Outfit

Vintage Crochet Lace Kimono Maxi Dress $54.50




Med. Size Zipper Pocket Satchel $32.50



Cartel Stud Wood Heel Platform $26.50

I'm so in love with this outfit. In the mid to late 90's I wore crochet all the time. Remember those cotton shorts with the crochet hem on the bottom, I think that they came with matching shirts too. I owned a brown crochet midriff baring tank that I wore with these vintage Levi bell bottoms. I also had a floor length crochet vest. It's funny to think that once the trend has past that you'll never wear it again. Now it has me curious to what's waiting in boxes that I haven't looked at in years.

In the meantime I have been looking for crochet dress and this is the first that I found one that isn't a form fitting body con dress. The dress above I would wear today and hold on to forever. What makes it timeless is the silhouette of the dress, it's a classic. It has a 70's boho feel to it, just a little more dressed up than the Woodstock look of the late 60's. If I were to buy a colored handbag it would be green. I think the one above can be used for all seasons and brings color to an all neutral palette. To complete the 70's feel of the look I chose the platform heel with an ankle strap.

All items can be purchased through A'GACI and if you click on the detail it will link you directly to the item to purchase.

Happy Shopping!
xo-Albee

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I remember my favorite turquoise bodysuit (remember those?) paired with my long crocheted vest and my platform mary janes. Sigh. I wish I had kept some of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful crochet maxi! it's amazing! and such a good deal! the shoes are great too!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn of the Suburb Experiment- Ha ha, I remember bodysuits. I had this killer velour one that I wore in my grad photo from high school. Too funny (: I think it's time to revive some of the stuff I have in storage. Thanks for visiting and I hope that you're having a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire of spinning- threads, hi doll. this has to be one of my favorite outfits I've put together for the blog. The maxi is so beautiful, I would be wearing that all summer through fall. Too bad I saw it after I all ready ordered something else. Oh well at least I can pass it on to my readers.
    Have a Happy Mother's Day.
    xo-Albee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...