Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fragrance Collection

Liz Claiborne Lucky You- $15.00- $25.00

Dior J'adore- $22.00- $98.00

Ralph Lauren Ralph- $30.00- $65.00

Stella McCartney Stella- $20.00- $92.00

Victoria Secret Sexy Little Things Noir- $22.00




Through the years you tend to narrow down what type of fragrances you like. Is it floral,musk, oriental, citrus, woodsy? I find that I gravitate towards florals. It's what works for my chemistry, and nose. I think finding the right perfume is one of the most personal and time tasking experience. What smells amazing on one person could be disastrous on the next. It really is a game of chemistry. Kind of like finding the right person to share your life with. As in a relationship you are looking for something or someone that enhances you. This collection that I put together are my favorite scents. You know the ones that you replace even though you are only getting low.
In the order of favorites. J'adore is at the top, hands down. It's wildly complex and sexy. Doesn't that describe every woman? It's almost too much for day time wear, unless I'm on a date. It never fails to illicit a complement once you hug someone. Notes: Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk
Stella was one of the first adult perfumes that I purchased. When I was walking through Nordstrom's the bottle caught my eye. It is a heavy floral scent that I would use for the evening. The high notes are rose and amber. What a great combination that reminds me of 60's Americana.
Ralph by Ralph Lauren was originally a purchase for my mother as a day time wear. She tends to lean towards musk and oriental scents. As I found myself sneaking a spritz here and there I thought it was time to buy my own. I love it day to day. It's such a fresh youthful scent. It captures the scent of apple, orange, magnolia, freesia, and soft blue musk.
Sexy Little Things Noir, was a fantastic spontaneous buy. I was visiting family up in the SLO (San Luis Obispo) area when we stopped in the local VS. I was playing around with the make-up and scents section when I came across this little gem. It's another fresh and sharp floral scent, this time in a body mist. It's listed as a blend of nectarine, amber and cattelaya orchid.
Last but not least is the Lucky You by Liz Claiborne. This particular perfume has seen be through since high school. You can purchase it now just about everywhere. It's a light smell of citrus, flowers, low notes of sandalwood, amber and musk. I think it works well for all ages.
These perfumes all play with the same scents just in varying degrees. It's what works for me, and if you're into florals they may work for you too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I def need to check these out b/c i have loved the Lucky You perfume since it came out but as i have gotten older I wanted something a bit more sophisticated and have not been able to find it so im def going to check these scents out. Thanks for suggesting them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can help out :) I had felt the same way about Lucky You.
    <3 Albee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one of them. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.xoxo-AlbeeLucky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...